Friday 9 November 2012

Winter Training

After coming 2nd on the B class with Andy Blackett at the OMM (could have performed better, but the winners were too good for us) I've taken a fortnight off to let the body re-equilibrate.

Fortunately the middle weekend of this mini-break (from training only unfortunately) included a visit to Sheffield for the annual SPOOK (Shef Uni O club olds) weekend. Beer was drunk at varying speeds, banana costumes were worn (OK, so only one), crazy dancing ensued, and we even managed to fit in a bit of Orienteering:

Despite a heavy night this was quite a standard performance for me - obviously buzzing with sugar still from all the Jaeger-bombs! I somehow got better as the course went on!
and Football. In Which I scored. There's no picture or celluloid evidence, but I DID score. You may not understand how big this is, but it's up there with an airborne pig. Even odder is that I should have had a hatrick. On the quagmire of Eccleshall woods football pitches (on which , unbeknownst to me, I was wearing 1 moulded stud and 1 astroturf boot) there was the usual display of air-shots, crunching tackles and players out of position, in which SPOOK prevailed 6 (or was it 7?)-1 against the much younger and fitter ShUOC students.

Into winter training now. The only thing I'm 'targeting' is the English National XC, but there's plenty of Fell and Forest action to be had before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment